After overcoming the staggering figure of more than 20 million units sold, within the period of 10 months, the Galaxy SII He has received the award to best smartphone of the year at the Mobile World Congress.
And it is that in this seventeenth Edition of the GSMA Global Mobile Awards, the famous GT-i9100 has received the most prestigious award of all, even above the recent Galaxy Nexus. Total distributed prizes are as follows:
- Best app for consumers: Angry Birds Rio (Rovio)
- Best overall application: WhatsApp (WhatsApp)
- Best innovative application: SwiftKey (TouchType)
- Best mobile service: Google Maps for Android (Google)
- Best smpartphone: Galaxy SII (Samsung)
- Best manufacturer: Samsung
According to the jury, this is “ a huge success around the world, which has surpassed all its rivals of Android and has demonstrated the maturity of the ecosystem ”. Let us also remember that last year the prize to the best smartphone was for the iPhone 4, which despite not being at the fair opt to award, and the best manufacturer for HTC.
Without a doubt it is undeniable the resounding success of Galaxy SII, that follows still reaping Awards 10 months after its release. We hope to see what brings the Galaxy SIII, which could be presented on 15 March in Amsterdam.