A frying can also be really meaty and crisp without meat. The proof:the vegetarian nutmeg of vegan star cook Björn Moschinski. We serve nuts with candied chestnuts, glazed carrots and red wine spelled – simply delicious.
What do vegans and vegetarians actually eat on festive occasions when roasts, goose & Co. are taboo?For example, this tasty nut fry.This is guaranteed vegan and thanks to its delicious side dishes also perfect for Christmas.
For the Nussbraten (for 3 portions)
- 70 grams soy granules, dry
- 75 milliliters of water, boiling
- 50 grams of hazelnut
- 25 grams of walnuts
- 10 grams of vegan butter, Alsan
- 30 grams carrots, in very fine cubes
- 20 grams of onions, in very fine cubes
- 20 grams of white bread, dry from the previous day
- 10 milliliters of soy cream, culinair of Alpro
- 15 grams of mustard
- 10 grams of tomato
- 6 grams of powdered pasta
- 1 knife tip Guarkernmehl
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Caraway seed
For the candied chestnuts
- 100 grams of chestnuts, cut into fine slices
- 20 grams of raw cane sugar
- 20 milliliters of water
For the glazed carrots
- 3 Bunch of carrots
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter, Alsan
Ingredients for red wine onions
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 100 milliliters of red wine
- 20 milliliters of Balasamico di Modena
For the mashed potatoes
- 400 grams potatoes, solid boiling
- 75 milliliters of Sojamilch
- 30 grams of vegan butter, Alsan
Vegetarian Nussbraten – simply delicious
- Start with the preparation of the chestnuts:cook the water with the sugar to a golden yellow liquid in a coated pan and then add the maroon slices.After two minutes you can put the maroon on baking paper and let it cool.
- Now pour the dry soy with the boiling water and let it swell for ten minutes.In the meantime chop the nuts.Then melt the vegan butter in a pan and fry in the onion and carrot cubes.Season with salt and pepper.Once the onions take color, add the chopped nuts and leave them for three to five minutes.Add the whole thing to the soy in the bowl.
- Now you can give the dry bread, the soy cream, the mustard and the tomato to the vegan vegetarian nutmeg mass and knead properly with the hands.After mixing well, add the side powder and guar gum powder and knead again.Now season the dough with parsley, peppers, caraway, salt and pepper and bring to the vegetarian nutmeg.
- Make sure your nutcracker is crispy at Christmas, heat some oil in a pan and let it brown on all sides.Then push it into the oven at 180 ° C for 15 minutes on a medium rail.Meanwhile, you can saute the onion strips in a pan and wipe with the red wine.Add the balsamic vinegar and let everything boil until the desired consistency is reached.Then season with salt and pepper.
- Now it goes to the carrots.They are cleaned and cooked in the salted water.Then fry them in a grill pan with some vegan butter and salt.Then cut the potatoes into coarse pieces and cook them in the salted water.Place the soy milk and the butter in a saucepan and taste everything with salt, nutmeg and pepper.Then press the potatoes into the pot and stir them.Finally taste everything and serve it warm.
Vegan Christmas Treats
In addition to the festive dinner, a coffee table at Christmas is also included. Whoever thinks vegans have only a small selection, is wrong. Luckily, the traditional banquets are now available without any animal products.Perfect are, for example, Stollenkonfekt or Macadamia-Vanille-Sterne, which you find in the book “Vegan bake for all:over 70 sweet & hearty prescriptions” by Björn Moschinski.
About the book “Vegan cooking for all” by Björn Moschinski
Vegan is a trend, and more and more people are choosing to abandon products that are obtained from animal husbandry.Food scandal and the growing health consciousness ensure that more and more people are able to enjoy food without meat, fish, eggs, honey and other animal products.
Starkoch Björn Moschinski promises in his book “Vegan cooking for all” (published in the Südwest-Verlag for 17.99 euros), completely new taste experiences and much enjoyment.Together with the vegan society of Germany and the campaign “Save the Christmas” the cook has put together a fine menu for festive occasions of all kinds.
Wheat buns recipe clicks Foodanddrinkjournal.com.