Despite not having a cure, osteoarthritis is a disease that can be controlled through medicines and daily exercises of stimulation.
The osteoarthritis is a disease that is characterized by a degenaração in the joints, causing symptoms such as stiffness and joint pain and swelling, as well as the difficulty of the movements.
Despite being a degenerative disease, chronic and do not have a cure, osteoarthritis can be treated and controlled through medications that are able to relieve the pain and inflammation, and also through daily exercises of stimulation.
HOW TO DIAGNOSE ARTHROSIS? WHAT ARE THE COMMON SYMPTOMS?
The diagnosis must be made by a rheumatologist or orthopedist, consists of a first phase to validate the common symptoms:
- Pain in the joint;
- Difficulty in carrying out movements;
- Swelling in the joint;
- Stiffness in the joint.
Having validated these symptoms, the doctor orders an x-ray examination, and may be accompanied by an mri to help confirm the diagnosis.
THE CAUSES OF THE ONSET OF OSTEOARTHRITIS
There are several factors that can lead to the appearance of osteoarthritis. The most common are:
- Natural wear and tear of the joints due to age;
- Weakness in the musculoskeletal system, more specifically in the upper part of the legs;
- Sports that place high burdens on certain joints in a way repetitive, or that require a lot of movements of torsion;
- Work with effort recurring of certain joints;
- Fractures, twists, or other type of trauma that affect the joints;
- Excess of weight, it causes increased wear in the joints (especially in the legs and column).
HOW TO TREAT ARTHROSIS
Osteoarthritis is a disease for which there is not currently a cure. The treatment consists in the use of anti-inflammatory medications and analgesics to reduce the pain and inflammation of the joints, and in practice exercises and carrying out physiotherapy and hydrotherapy.
Physiotherapy and exercise should be carried out, in most cases, every day, to move often the joint in treatment, improve your move and strengthen it. In physiotherapy sessions can also be used in devices eletroestimuladores and ultra-sounds in order to stimulate the joint. decrease inflammation and therefore decrease pain.
Being related with the excess weight, the patients must be accompanied by a diet dedicated to the reduction of the same, because this is a factor that contributes greatly to worsen the situation.
In the case of a question of posture(s) incorrect(s), should be made a fix (educating the patient to maintain a correct posture) so as to significantly improve the pain and contributing to an improved quality of life.
HOW TO PREVENT OSTEOARTHRITIS
As the best form of treatment is prevention, here are some tips of what you can do to avoid or reduce the likelihood of getting osteoarthritis:
- Avoid excess weight, because all the weight the more you will be doing with that force to your joints;
- Always keep the posture more correct.
- Try to avoid lifting excessive weights;
- Avoid exercises very repetitive, especially if they require forces of a sudden and twists;
- To avoid forced labour.
Despite being a degenerative disease-chronic, where there is no cure for such, there are medications that help reduce inflammation, pain, and bad to be, thus contributing to a better quality of life.
Still, the best way to slow or prevent this disease through prevention. Excess weight and postures incorrect, especially positions of long duration (such as working on the computer) should be seriously avoidable, because they have a large contribution to the appearances of arthrosis.