Lodi, New Jersey is a small borough located in Bergen County. The population of Lodi is 25,000 people as of the 2010 census. It is situated on the Hackensack River and is part of the New York City metropolitan area. The climate in Lodi is humid subtropical, with hot summers and cold winters. Check ehangzhou for best time to travel to New Jersey.
The history of Lodi dates back to 1720 when it was first settled by Dutch colonists. In 1826, it was officially incorporated as a borough. During the 19th century, it served as an important industrial center for manufacturing and shipping goods along the Hackensack River. In recent decades, the economy has shifted towards service industries such as retail and healthcare.
Lodi has several schools within its borders including public schools, private schools, parochial schools, and charter schools. It also has several colleges nearby such as Bergen Community College in Paramus and Rutgers University in Newark.
The borough also features several landmarks including the Lodi Library (built in 1902), St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church (built in 1872), and Washington Park (established in 1891). Additionally, there are many parks throughout town for residents to enjoy including Memorial Park which features a playground and picnic area as well as two baseball fields; Eastside Park which offers basketball courts; and Fireman’s Memorial Park which includes an amphitheatre for outdoor concerts during summer months.
Population: 23,971. Estimated population in July 2020: 24,310 (+1.4% change)
Males: 11,378 (47.5%), Females: 12,593 (52.5%)
Median resident age: 36.4 years
Median household income: $43,421
Median house value: $172,600
Races in Lodi:
- White Non-Hispanic (67.9%)
- Hispanic (18.0%)
- Other race (6.2%)
- Asian Indian (5.2%)
- Black (3.6%)
- Two or more races (3.0%)
- Filipino (1.9%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
- Korean (0.5%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: Italian (33.3%), Irish (10.3%), German (8.5%), Polish (7.9%), Portuguese (2.7%), English (2.2%).
Elevation: 43 feet
Land area: 2.3 square miles
Lodi, New Jersey is located in Bergen County and has a population of 24,136 people. The town’s population is made up of a diverse demographic with people from different backgrounds and cultures. The median household income in Lodi is $62,812 and the median home value is $325,200. The unemployment rate in Lodi is 4.2%, which is lower than the national average. The cost of living in Lodi is higher than the national average but still relatively affordable with an index score of 102.1. Renters will find that the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Lodi is around $1,400 per month while a two-bedroom apartment costs around $1,600 per month. Groceries are also relatively expensive compared to other areas with the cost of goods being 8% higher than the national average. Utilities are slightly more expensive as well with an index score of 107.4 for electricity and 106.7 for gas/heating oil combined compared to the national average scores of 100 and 99 respectively.
For population 25 years and over in Lodi
- High school or higher: 75.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 18.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.1%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lodi borough
- Never married: 31.0%
- Now married: 49.3%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 8.5%
- Divorced: 8.5%
29.7% Foreign born (10.4% Latin America, 10.1% Europe, 8.9% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,641 (+7.3%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Lodi:
- HACKENSACK UNIVERSITY MEDICAL (about 3 miles; HACKENSACK, NJ)
- BETH ISRAEL HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; PASSAIC, NJ)
- GENERAL HOSPITAL CENTER AT PASSAIC (about 4 miles; PASSAIC, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lodi:
- TETERBORO (about 3 miles; TETERBORO, NJ; Abbreviation: TEB)
- PORT AUTH-DWNTN-MANHATTAN/WALL ST (about 14 miles; NEW YORK, NY; Abbreviation: JRB)
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 15 miles; NEWARK, NJ; Abbreviation: EWR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lodi:
- LITTLE FERRY (about 5 miles; LITTLE FERRY, NJ; Abbreviation: 2N7)
- WEST 30TH ST. (about 11 miles; NEW YORK, NY; Abbreviation: JRA)
- NEWARK NR 1 (about 11 miles; NEWARK, NJ; Abbreviation: 3N4)
Amtrak stations near Lodi:
- 11 miles: NEW YORK (PENN STA) (NEW YORK, 7TH AVE. & W. 32ND ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, snack bar, vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 12 miles: NEWARK (RAYMOND PLAZA WEST). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 14 miles: YONKERS (FOOT OF DOCK ST. & WELLS AVE.). Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
College/University in Lodi:
- FELICIAN COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,143; Location: 262 S MAIN ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.felician.edu; Offers Master’s degree)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lodi:
- BERGEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 5 miles; PARAMUS, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 7,733)
- FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY-ALL CAMPUSES (about 6 miles; TEANECK, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 6,482)
- PASSAIC COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 7 miles; PATERSON, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 2,452)
- MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY (about 9 miles; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 10,226)
- STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 10 miles; HOBOKEN, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 2,793)
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK (about 10 miles; NEW YORK, NY; Full-time enrollment: 18,009)
- TEACHERS COLLEGE AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; NEW YORK, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,371)
Public high school in Lodi:
- LODI HIGH (Students: 810; Location: 99 PUTNAM STREET; Grades: 09 – 12)
Private high school in Lodi:
- IMMACULATE CONCEPTION HIGH SCH (Students: 212; Location: 258 SOUTH MAIN STREET; Grades: 9 – 12; Girls only)
Public primary/middle schools in Lodi:
- THOMAS JEFFERSON (Students: 708; Location: FIRST ST; Grades: 06 – 08)
- WASHINGTON (Students: 440; Location: MAIN ST; Grades: PK – 05)
- HILLTOP (Students: 425; Location: WOODSIDE AVE; Grades: PK – 05)
- WILSON (Students: 358; Location: UNION ST; Grades: PK – 05)
- COLUMBUS (Students: 253; Location: WESTERVELT PL; Grades: KG – 05)
- ROOSEVELT (Students: 112; Location: PASSAIC AVE; Grades: PK – 03)
Private primary/middle schools in Lodi:
- MOTHER CABRINI INTERPAROCHIAL (Students: 201; Location: 123 UNION STREET; Grades: PK – 8)
- THE FELICIAN SCHOOL FOR EXCEPT (Students: 134; Location: 260 S MAIN STREET; Grades: UG – UG)