Resorts in Yakutsk, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (Russia)

Resorts in Yakutsk, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (Russia)

There are interesting museums in the uluses and districts adjacent to Yakutsk. In the Ust-Aldan region, in the village of Borogontsy, the Borogonsky Museum of Local Lore operates, and in the village of Tanda – the Tandinsky Historical and Revolutionary Museum named after I.P. Gotovtseva. In the Megino-Kangalassky ulus in the village of Maya, the Megino-Kangalassky Museum of Labor Glory was opened. In the Tattinsky ulus in the village of Harbalakh there is an art gallery, and in the village of Cherkekh there is a memorial museum “Yakut political exile”. In the village of Namtsy , Namsky ulus, there is a historical and ethnographic museum. In the Gorny ulus, in the village of Berdigestyakh, the Berdigestyakh Museum of Military and Labor Glory was opened. In the Amginsky district in the village of Amga, there is an interesting museum of the history of the civil war in Yakutia.

According to bittranslators, Southwest of Yakutsk lies the Khangalassky ulus. The main attraction of the ulus is the Lena Pillars National Natural Park. It is located about 200 km from Yakutsk. The total area of the park is 485 thousand hectares. The Lena Pillars are steep cliffs of a bizarre shape up to 150 m high, which lined up along the Lena River for 80 km. Their shapes actually resemble pillars, towers and columns. These rocks are red-brown in color and are composed of kimberlite limestone. They often contain small caves. Some caves are a complex system of labyrinths of halls and corridors, connected by narrow passages, with ice stalactite formations, ice scales and lakes.

Downstream of the river is the mouth of a small stream Deering-Yuryakh. Archaeological excavations have been carried out here for several decades, during which numerous remains of the material culture of ancient people were discovered. Just below the mouth of the Deering-Yuryakh stream, there is a sand dune (locally called tukulan) Saamys-Kumaga. This sand hill is about 50 m high. Similar eolian forms can be seen further up the river, but this dune is the largest.

Not far from the village of Blanca on Cape Toion-Ary, ancient petroglyphs have been preserved. Some of them belong to the ancient Turkic runic writing. The Buotama River flows through the park – a famous place for rafting. You can relax during the trip at the tourist bases “Buotama” and ”

The administrative center of the Khangalassky ulus is the city of Pokrovsk. In Pokrovsk, there is a local history museum named after G.V. Ksenofontov. The house-museum of the famous Yakut historian was opened in 1962. The materials presented here tell about the history and culture of the ulus, archaeological excavations on its territory, and simply about the life of Ksenofontov. Bulus spring is located 20 km from Pokrovsk.. This is a powerful source of underground natural waters, which comes to the surface in several streams. In winter, this place is a vast icing, and in summer – streams of water on the ice surface. Water from the source is bottled and sold throughout the country. At “Bulus” in the summer they celebrate the national holiday of the Yakuts – Ysyakh (New Year). The Yakut New Year begins on June 22 at the summer solstice. June 21 and 22 from all nearby villages and cities to the festival to the source. The Olekminsk¬†ulus borders the Khangalassky ulus. The center of the ulus is the city of Olekminsk. It is located 651 km southwest of Yakutsk in the south of the Prilensky plateau at the place where the Olekma river flows into the Lena river. The original settlement was set up at the mouth of the Olekma by the Cossacks in 1633. From here they moved to the Amur. In 1635, walls were fortified here and towers were built, and a little later the prison was moved to its current location. In 1783, Olekminsk received the status of a city, and since 1822 it became the center of the vast Olekminsk district. The city has preserved wooden houses of the 19th century, decorated with carvings. There is also a local history museum in Olekminsk.

In the Olekminsky ulus, at the junction of the Aldan Plateau and the Prilensky Plateau, on the right bank of the Olekma River, the Olekminsky State Nature Reserve is located.. It was created in 1984. The area of the reserve is 847.1 thousand hectares. Mountain taiga forests are protected on its territory, in particular, the Siberian cedar, because the northern border of the range of this tree passes through the reserve. About 88% of the territory of the reserve is covered with forest, dominated by Dahurian larch, drooping birch, Scots pine and Siberian spruce. More than 40 species of mammals, about 180 species of birds, 2 species of reptiles, 3 species of amphibians and 18 species of fish live here. In the reserve there are typical taiga bird species – hazel grouse, gray owl, hawk owl, horned owl, three-toed and black woodpeckers, capercaillie, rubythroat nightingale, Siberian flycatcher, Siberian thrush and rock duck. Sometimes there are southern species – quail, lapwing, black swift and chaffinch, and rare species – golden eagle, osprey, black stork, black crane, peregrine falcon, starling, jay,

There are salmon spawning grounds on the Olekma River. In the south of the reserve there is the Aldan highlands with heights of 900-1100 m, and in the north the Prilensky plateau begins with heights of 700-800 m. The reserve area falls on the middle course of the Olekma River. This is one of the largest tributaries of the Lena River. Alloys are arranged in this part of Olekma. The Amga River, a tributary of the Aldan, originates on the territory of the reserve.. It is surrounded by the Amga table mountains. Also, another tributary of the Lena, the Tuolba River, originates in the reserve. There are few lakes in the reserve, all of them are oxbow lakes and are located in the valleys of the Olekma, Tuolba and Amga rivers. The largest floodplain lakes are located in the area of the Dzhikimda weather station. Among the sights of the reserve, one can single out pisannits made with red and yellow ocher, burials and sites of the Neolithic times along the Olekma River, Kamenny finger and stone remnants on the Olekma River.

To the east of the reserve is the Aldan region with the center in the city of Aldan . In 1923, the mining settlement Nezametny was founded on the site of a modern city near rich gold deposits. In 1939 it received city status and was named Aldan.. The main sights of the city are the museum of local lore and the monument to the discoverers of the Aldan gold deposits.

There is a ski base 24 km south of Aldan in the village of Lebediny, where the season begins in September and ends only in early June. The height difference here is 840 m, there are several ski slopes and a snowboarding track.

In the south, the Aldan region borders on the Neryungrinsky ulus. The center of the ulus is the city of Neryungri. It is located in the spurs of the Stanovoy Range on the banks of the Chulman River, 230 km south of Aldan. Neryungri was founded in 1975 in connection with the development of the Neryungri coal deposit. Neryungri Museum of the History of Exploration of South Yakutia named after A.I. I.I. Pyankova. Its funds contain collections of documents, photographs, negatives and slides, printed publications, and ethnographic, archaeological, natural science and art collections. Here are items of Yakut life, materials of traditional material and spiritual culture of the Evenks-Orochens of South Yakutia, objects of Russian ethnography of the late 19th – early 20th centuries, materials from archaeological excavations (ceramics and stone industry), samples of minerals and rocks, semi-precious and ornamental stones, as well as collections of paintings, drawings and applied arts of Yakut masters.

Resorts in Yakutsk, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (Russia)