Books, notebooks, magazines, cases, ink and a thousand badulaques. The school backpack is a space full of things that often do not need to be there. Children often carry more than they need, either for laziness to pack the backpack daily, keeping all the notebooks and books inside, or because they think they will need everything they have at home.
According to experts, the ideal backpack should not have more than 10% of the student’s weight, ie if he weighs 30 kg, his materials should not weigh more than 3 kg, which often does not happen. Overweight in the backpack can cause damage to the posture and joints, especially in children who are in the growth phase.
To avoid this problem, we selected 8 precious tips to avoid overloading the backpacks.
- Adjust the correct height of the backpack.It should always be supported on the back, above the glutes.
- Keep in mind the ideal weight of the material to be loaded.It should not exceed 10% of the student’s body weight.
- Always use the two straps of the backpack.No matter how cool it is to carry it on just one shoulder, placing itypeauto on the back will give you a better weight distribution.
- If the weight to be loaded is too large, choose wheeled backpacks.Remember that to not cause damage to the spine the handle should be at the height of the child’s wrist.
- Take the snack in a separate container to keep the weight even higher.
- Vistorie the backpack every day.Look at what materials you need every day and carry only what you need.
- Have binders instead of notebooks. Binders are customizable and you can add sheets according to your need.
- Avoid backpacks with many pockets.The greater the number of compartments, the more things you will carry without realizing it.
The health of children is very important, so it is imperative to pay attention in all aspects of your personal and school life. If you have any doubts, you should seek the coordination of the College to find solutions to help solve this problem.